Saturday 28 September 2013

In the Forests.

Before we went to Arundel we went camping for a weekend with one of G's family friends.
A place called Dernwood.

You get one of theses, preferably with a good wheel.


Then you take all your stuff and take it through here to the field where G erected the tent.

We got there on a Friday and there were gnats.



Then it rained really hard all the time.


Eventually there was a break in the weather for an afternoon at some point and we all headed out to the famous Sheffield Park.




Not what I was expecting after everything I had heard. Vermont in the Fall maybe?
Obviously it's summer so things are green but I thought you pulled up parked and then wandered through this amazing tree wood.
This is an impressive organised display of species that looks like a 70's jigsaw at every turn.




I was ready for caffeine and then round a corner was this!



Honestly, the best thing I had seen all year.
I love a food truck and we just don't get that many good ones locally. So happy.
It had a black rubbish sack on the back in a proper holder not just stuffed in a crack with everything falling on the floor.
Perfect.
Decent tea too. Everyone else got ice creams.




Like the chair bought the plant. Mine isn't this big yet.




The last night it didn't rain and we were able to make fire outside.
These are the Christmas lanterns sent down from Scotland, finally all released although there was a power line across the camping field and it was windy so there were times I just had to hide my eyes terrified.




After years of badgering G to make small fires, so that we can sit near and keep warm he has finally yielded. This fire was a little larger as we were cooking on it for eleven and one of our party is a tree surgeon enough oak arrived in the back of a car.



Sandals and socks for P, I think she was just done wearing wellies.
Very cute.

I have luckily never camped in the rain and I have never seen this much rain fall at any one time. It wasn't that bad and I didn't moan but I started to re think camping holidays for 2014, we had one more camp to do this year and I felt as though I had spent the holidays in a sleeping bag.

Decisions to make about canvas.

CM

No comments:

Post a Comment