Saturday 1 November 2014

Monkey World

After Lawrence and the Tank we drove over to Monkey World on which I believe was now the hottest day of the year.

I'm not the biggest fan of looking at animals in pens. I look hard at their faces and think, do you just want us all to go away?
I like a circus trained animal as much as the next person but I don't think it's right. 

This place is beyond popular.
It is also a bit sad because as you walk in the entrance there are memorial plaques of love on the ground, walls, trees and seats, a pathway full for those who loved visiting.
All bit over whelming for those of us who are over emotional.




This fella gets this to play on and my chimps had this.




Feeling a little guilty for not throwing myself into den building I got up here with gusto but had the wrong size feet and I think resulted in crawling part of the way round.

It really was beyond hot. Ice poles all round.



Monkey World is actually a rescue center not a 'roll up roll up' park.
Outside each of the houses are written notes as to where that have been bought/liberated from, for example these boys were either used for fertility or respiratory research I can't remember which, and have not been outside in 15 plus years.
There are currently rehabilitating so here is hoping.

Emotions kicked again in and I wanted to salute them, but I am shy so just took a deep breath in front of the Jim Cronin Memorial.




Monkey World is great and some of these boys and girls still have their past life performance instinct in them and in the right place at the right time they can really make you chuckle.

I don't like that some people hold their cameras up to the glass not an inch from their face for a picture it's a bit rude. But I do like that the money we spent went straight in to the fund for some very good work.

There is a lot of walking to be done and as far as lunch goes it looks awful but was for us surprisingly homemade when I took the wrappers off!
The gift shop is something else. They have everything.



Incredible feet.

We drove back to camp, we had to stop in a supermarket for supplies on the way back which promptly finished us all off. It seems that on hot days some swim in the river at Wareham so I think that might need to be checked out another time.

CM


No comments:

Post a Comment